- LGWM was made to release their Mass Rapid Transit Option Capital Cost Breakdown
- This reveals some very questionable cost estimates in these options
- Of special concern is the apparent cost inflation of the Bus Rapid Transit Option
Wellington faces serious peak time congestion mainly because we so much employment based in our CBD. … Read more ...
* Lets Get Wellington Moving expects about 17,000 more peak hour commuters will travel into the CBD by 2036
* But there’s a problem because the Wellington City Council predicts many more future residents and so this may mean over 35,000 more commuters
* The commitment to handle the majority of future commuter growth by bus and rail public transport means majors increases in the capacity of both are needed
Wellington City is facing two huge challenges, how to house more people in a city with the highest housing prices in the country and how to improve transport for all the city’s residents.… Read more ...